Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geolem
Level 9

Memory use at 143%

Jump to solution

Hello

Before posting here, I have made a search about the Memory use over 100% and I have never found a way to correct it.

So, I have a Nokia Firewall (IPSO mydevice 3.8.1-BUILD033 releng 1519 05.01.2005-224100 i386 => screenshot) and I have for this device and others Nokia Firewall devices, a problem with de memory usage printed on the page (see next reply for the second screenshot).

But on the "Disk Volume", "Real Memory" (82%) are correct and Swap Space at 0bytes. SO with I have 143% use for the memory... ? (see the other post for the third screenshot).

What should I do ?

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Geolem
Level 9

Re: Memory use at 143%

Jump to solution

The second screenshot.

0 Kudos
Geolem
Level 9

Jump to solution

The third screenshot.

0 Kudos
Geolem
Level 9

Jump to solution

There is someone who have an idea ?

0 Kudos
Spiky
Level 10

Jump to solution

i have the same issue,

anyone know the answer?

0 Kudos
lchance
Level 14

Jump to solution

i too have the same issue...

it has been several months since i did the research, but if i can recall it exactly, it is a fix with SNMP in a newer release of IPSO on the Nokia/Checkpoint.

i'm at IPSO 3.7 - i think the fix comes in around release IPSO 4.2

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ciag
Level 12

Jump to solution

hi guys

Yeah the newer release of Ipso seems to fix it. Unfortunately I've just started monitoring a few devices that have the older Ipso version on them so I need to find a work around for these devices.

Does Anyone know the OID for the value stated under the name Real Memory? This is the correct value. I have done a MIB walk of our devices but have been unable to find the OID for what I'm looking for.

The OID has to be there because I can see the correct Mem percentage on the Node details page under the Volumes section. Anyone know what the OID for the 'real memory' counter is?

0 Kudos
Yann
Level 15

Jump to solution

Hi Ciaran,

The following thread should answer your questions:

Thanks,

Yann

0 Kudos
Ciag
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hey thanks Yann I'll keep that info for good use in the future. I ended up just getting the FW guys to upgrade the OS on the firewalls which fixed everything but I'm sure I'll be experiencing this behaviour again on some other FW's. Thanks for replying, really appreciated 

Cheers

0 Kudos
gojericho0
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ciag,

What IPSO did the firewall guys upgrade to? I am having that issue as well and we are using 4.2 Build 96

Thanks

0 Kudos