cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 14

MapMaker dog slow

Am I the only one whose MapMaker takes several minutes to load because of a high number of monitored devices? I cannot seem to find a way to speed up the generation of the left-hand pane where my devices are listed. Any thoughts, or just deal with it and hope that by some miracle MapMaker will one day become very useful in large network installations?

-eric
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Level 15

quote:

NG - I need a V8 also.. LOL

You mean "I could've had a V8!"

LOL

Sometimes old bugs are fixed and new ones are introduced with a new rev.
If you are happy with what you have and don't require the new features (in this case there aren't any) you can wait for the next release or for feedback from other users, like dsullinger's.

-=Cheers=-
NG
0 Kudos
Level 7

quote:Originally posted by Network_Guru

General rule of thumb, if it's not broke, don't upgrade.
I'm still running 7.2.2 (even though 7.3 has improved polling engine).
7.2.2 works OK for us, so I'm waiting for V8 😄

-=Cheers=-
NG

NG - I need a V8 also.. LOL

Sorry, ok... we are running 7.4 and with no problems. We upgraded last week and everything is running smooth. We have 2,622 interfaces and 568 devices.
0 Kudos
Level 15

General rule of thumb, if it's not broke, don't upgrade.
I'm still running 7.2.2 (even though 7.3 has improved polling engine).
7.2.2 works OK for us, so I'm waiting for V8 😄

-=Cheers=-
NG
0 Kudos
Level 8

I have just purchased 7.3 plus support.. how is 7.4 going?.. any bugs to mention or any extra features worth knowing about?

Martin J. Hamilton... lost in a sea of snmp...
0 Kudos
Level 7

7.4 did the trick for us also. We have about 500 devices and 600 interfaces. Under 7.2.2 startup of MapMaker and System Manager itself took a couple of minutes (that's a couple of real minutes, or "half a frakin' hour!" in computer user speak).

Just FYI.
Leon
0 Kudos
Level 7

We have 500+ Nodes with 1300+ interfaces, running ver 7.2.2 without any problems

Mick

Regards Mick
0 Kudos
Level 14

About 180 devices with a few thousand interfaces. The problem resolved itself when I upgraded to 7.3 earlier this week. Now MapMaker is super fast.
0 Kudos
Level 8

how many devices are you running?.. I have 150 or so and have no issues... also what spec are you running the tools on??... I found that you need a good P4 2G+ with 1G of RAM to make things smooth and useable.

Martin J. Hamilton... lost in a sea of snmp...
0 Kudos