cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Map from alert

Hi,

I created an alert by correlation of more triggers.

Is it possible to represent this alert on the map with colored icon or something like that?

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Level 11

To be honest @ccandido, this is an interesting idea...

I have been thinking about something like this myself recently, simply as I have a client that reports on the activated alerts over the last 24 hours and wants to remove a manual check, amongst a plethora of other manual checks...

Might be worth seeing if there is a feature request for this ability, or at least the ability to add them as a dynamic query to a group so that that may be displayed on a map, because although changing a device status to critical is a decent workaround, grouping and mapping active alerts might give some other advantages and benefits...  

0 Kudos
Level 17

When you create Maps you either place your entities or groups on a map, those items have status. Default Icons will display a color for status and the map will update when status changes on your devices/entities. You see the updated map with updated status on reload of the page.

-CharlesH

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

0 Kudos
Level 9

Hi David,

"you could change the status of a node as an outcome of an alert trigger".

That's very interesting! How can I do it?

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi ccandido  so if you goto your Alert and go to the Trigger Actions tab - Then Add Action. You will see an option for "Set Custom Status"

pastedImage_0.png

From this screen, you can choose which Status you want the Node to be changed to. You can also select a specific node that gets changed, which you could use as a traffic light node to indicate an issue rather than updating the triggered Node, but that might be over-complicating things.

* Note - Make sure you have a Reset Action to change the status back to it's Polled Status once the alert is reset otherwise the Node will stay in that status.

- David Smith
Level 9

Thanks David Smith. That is what I was looking for!

0 Kudos

I'm not sure I understand 100% what you have done, but whilst you can't visualise Alerts on a Map, you could change the status of a node as an outcome of an alert trigger, which can then be a node on the map?

- David Smith