This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Map Maker

I would like to be able to click on a link on the map of our network and see everthing we monitor at that site, servers, routers switches, ect. For example, we have 15 differetn site accross the US, and right now when I click on a site it only shows the information of that router, but I would like to be able to click on that site and it will bring up all links to all of their Servers. switches and routers.

Can this be done?
  • Yes, the Map Maker is actaully designed to do this. You create multiple maps, each with more details than the previous. Once you have created them all, you nest them, so that you can drill down from a 25,000 ft level right down to 10 ft.

I suggest you read the mapmaker portion of the admin guide, and watch the video tutorial on the web site.

-=Cheers=-
    NG
  • Sure, you can do that. You will need to create maps for all the sites individually, and then you can move those maps as clickable links onto a geographical map of the US (which becomes the parent map), just like you move normal network nodes onto a map. It's pretty simple, and works quite well.

~Shshank
    http://www.shshank.org