cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Map Maker linking between maps

Jump to solution

Is there any way to drop a link to another map for navigation purposes but not report the 'status' of that link, such that I end up in a status loop?

Currently, if I drop a 'go-to' an upper level map, and a sub-map of the parent has issues,  the status of a leaf map feeds back down to the other leaves. Turning the map properties status slider from 100% to some other value sort of fixes the issue, except I want everything on the map to report it's status, except the go-to icon.

This is to allow a drill-down into a down node, but also allow navigation to drill-UP back to the parent maps. I don't want the status of the parent map to reflect on the child map, however.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 21

Have you tried just clicking the Add Object button and then editing the properties and giving it the URL of your other map?

I haven't tried this so I don't know if it will work or not but thought it would be worth a try.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 21

Have you tried just clicking the Add Object button and then editing the properties and giving it the URL of your other map?

I haven't tried this so I don't know if it will work or not but thought it would be worth a try.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

That certainly works!

But judging by the obtuse naming used in the URLs in my browser, I suspected it would be only a matter of a simple hotfix application that would like break every link I created.

I was hoping for some internal reference that might survive a version upgrade. 🙂

0 Kudos

In my 2+ years of experience with Orion, the URL/Links are very static and don't typically change.  I have used them for a lot of different things and an update has never broken this.  I think you should be safe using it this way.

0 Kudos

Good to know - thanks for the feedback!

0 Kudos