This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

MAPS

Hi,

I would like to create a map to show all nodes that are down in a specific group OR show down nodes with a filter.

If I add all our remote sites to a MAP, it is to much to fit into one or two maps. I need a map that is a map that is on a screen that is indicating all down sites in real time or as it is polled.

So now I have 5 maps that is rotating on one screen and all the sites that is up is not necessary to be on the MAP. I only need to see the down sites at the moment.

So is there a way to show a list of all down nodes with a filter on one MAP. I suppose I can use a report and add it to the view but i need an icon and description on the screen.

Hope someone can help me with this.

Regards

• There's not really a way to filter the maps to just show down nodes.  However, there is a Down Nodes resource you can add to the page that will show you the nodes that are down.  There is also a nodes with problems resource you can add.

• Thanks. I got a way to display what I want on the screen. It is the same way you explained but instead of selecting down nodes, I selected "all nodes". After that in the view it shows all the nodes that I have on Solar Winds which is not what I want. But to fix that I click on edit in the view and entered a SQL query to filter down nodes and to look in the custom properties for certain criteria that I have put in under the nodes. That way I can keep certain nodes apart from others ex. ADSL or DIGINET sites. That way I could add 2 columns to show different technology nodes that are down.

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!

• IF you have the groups defined on the map and you want to see the down nodes or nodes in error then hovering over that group node on the map should show you the down or nodes with errors. As you can see on my map it is showing me the row and rack that has the error and when I hover over it, the individual down/problem nodes are the only ones displayed.

image.jpg

• Curious and off subject, but how did you get that 3D image for you room?

• ITs a program called sketchup Kurt, Im no cad designer and this one was nice and easy to use with loads of tutorials on youtube. Best of all there was a free eval version. You can also animatehttp://www.entireit.net/server_room_new.gif

• Thanks I will try it out.

• NO problem Kurt, feel free to drop me a message if you need any help

• How long did it take you to draw this masterpeace, including learning time - just wondering what I need to account for the learning curve and delivery

• Alex, I have no CAD background but plenty of patience.  The best thing about this was the huge amount of sample objects available from their online library.  You need a table just search for table and all samples as well as other users uploads become available to you.  Everything down to a wall socket, that being said you may find its not quite the one you want, but that's ok you can still modify the ones you downloaded from the library.  There are also tons of tutorials on youtube down to simple shape manipulation.  Id say give it a couple of hours each night for about a week just watching the videos and playing around, there is nothing in mine that you wouldn't find simple to achieve.