cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Logon failures since changing NPM service account password

Jump to solution

I changed the password for our NPM service account as part of our Sunburst remediation.  Since then, we've been getting hundreds of audit failures in the Security Log on our domain controller.  I changed the password in Active Directory and in Orion at Admin > Credentials > Windows Credentials.  Is there somewhere else I need to enter the new password?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 13

If you are using that service account for your database as well, you will need to run Configuration Wizard to update the credential there. If you used it in any other modules like SAM, check your SAM settings>Credentials Library. If you use WPM and used it in any recordings, that's a good place to ensure you update as well.  You will likely need to update your recordings. 

Chrystal Taylor | Head Geek

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 13

If you are using that service account for your database as well, you will need to run Configuration Wizard to update the credential there. If you used it in any other modules like SAM, check your SAM settings>Credentials Library. If you use WPM and used it in any recordings, that's a good place to ensure you update as well.  You will likely need to update your recordings. 

Chrystal Taylor | Head Geek

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

It looks like this solved the problem.  Thank you.