This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Login screen in report email

I have a weekly "Interface Percent Utilization Report" sent to one of my customers, however, the report URL link and the .PDF attachement just show the SolarWinds login screen and nothing more. When I run the report via the "Reports" tab, everything is fine. What is wrong with my email setup?

Thank you,

David

• David,

This doesn't seem to be NCM-related. Moving your question to NPM forum.

Regards,

Jiri

• David,

This error is due to scheduler unable to login to report web with the credentials provided. Please check if the credentials used for running the report in report scheduler are valid and are working fine and have adequate permissions.

Thanks,

syed

• I have run into this issue on several occasions, usually when the server has experienced some kind of change or issue. This included a VMotion (in a virtual environment) that caused some issues, as well as a reboot after patching and some module updates. Normally I was logged into the server as myself, and when I tried to troubleshoot the issue as myself, I did not have success. I eventually discovered the problem, and then used it going forward on numerous occasions. We had set up a network account for our Orion environment, and the reports were set to run daily under this account. I logged onto the server using this account, and then opened up each report with the account and resaved it (and re-entered the credentials upon saving). To test, I then ran each report for delivery immediately and verified, since I had myself as a recipient on each report to make sure they ran daily. It was almost like I had to reapply the credentials occasionally.

• Thanks, I'll check this out!

• Did you ever have any luck with this?  Actually I had mine working, but then with a recent update now the scheduler is done via the web interface.  Ever since then it just emails a pdf showing the login screen.  I have NPM setup to use windows authentication.  When I step through the wizard to create a schedule of an existing report it works fine and even shows when clicking it, but when emailed no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Well I'm running 10.7 and just installed Hotfix 4 and it started working. 

• Yes, upgrading to NPM 10.7 resolved a bunch of report scheduler issues. Thank you all.