This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

List resources page does not save changes.

FormerMember
FormerMember

I have a list of sofaware technologies device and would like to poll their CPU and Memory.

The list resources page showed a radio button with the description of CPU and Memory. I have checked and submit changes. However, no information can be polled (I suppose that may need a UnDP to resolve). However, when I check the List Resources page of the same device, the box is unchecked again

Just wonder if there is any workaround on this.

Currently using NPM version 10.2.2

• Are you able to open a support case and provide a SNMP walk from the device? Please use built-in snmpwalk.exe tool from Orion install directory. Please post back with a case number here, so I can take a look.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to zizi

Case opened 400926

If snmpwalk needed, I can have a remote session lateron

• Thank you for the diagnostics. It seems that "sofaware technologies" devices do not support any OIDs, which Orion is able to utilize for polling memory. Orion found a suitable poller for CPU, because device seems to be supporting NetSNMP agent OIDs. Unfortunately, Orion needs both CPU & Memory OIDs to poll the device correctly.

Can you please collect SNMP walk from one of your "software technologies" devices and upload it on leapfile? We can fill in a customer feature request for missing memory poller implementation, then.

To collect a walk:

1. Navigate to Orion Installation Directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion and run snmpwalk.exe application
    2. Fill in IP address of one of your "sofaware technologies" devices and SNMP credentials
    3. Click on "Scan" button, it should save the walk to a text file
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to zizi

There is a question unresolved.

Why does the checkbox I checked on CPU and Memories in List Resources Page disappeared ? I checked it on before, but it will then uncheck automatically.

The customer wonder why it happens ...

One more thing, it is called Sofaware technologies.

• This behavior might be considered as a known UI defect in List Resources dialog. It should not offer CPU & Memory polling check-box. We already have this issue filled in in out internal bug tracking system.