Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 14

List of nodes by view type

Jump to solution

All,

I have a little bit of an issue where someone changed a bunch of random devices to use a different view than the normal views we had assigned. Is there a way to create a list of all the devices by view type? SWQL, report, etc.? I need to change all the devices back...and yes, I've removed this person's customizing ability!

D

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

deverts​ I understand now. Let me see if I can cook something up

EDIT 1*************

deverts​, so I was able to develop a query that will display the view name for any device where the view has been statically assigned if on the node propertied screen it is set to "default" the query will return nothing, as it is being determined by the "Views by Device Type" page. Let me know if you have any issues or questions

SELECT n.caption AS [Node Name], v.ViewGroupName AS [Assigned View Name]

FROM Orion.NodeSettings ns

join Orion.Views v on ns.SettingValue = v.ViewID

join Orion.Nodes n on ns.NodeID = n.NodeID

where SettingName = 'ViewID'

pastedImage_2.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies

If you go to "All Settings" and click on "Views by Device Type" it'll display all the views assigned to what device type

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
Level 14

christopher.t.jones123​,

If only it were that simple. I need a list of nodes and what view is assigned to it.

D

0 Kudos

deverts​ I understand now. Let me see if I can cook something up

EDIT 1*************

deverts​, so I was able to develop a query that will display the view name for any device where the view has been statically assigned if on the node propertied screen it is set to "default" the query will return nothing, as it is being determined by the "Views by Device Type" page. Let me know if you have any issues or questions

SELECT n.caption AS [Node Name], v.ViewGroupName AS [Assigned View Name]

FROM Orion.NodeSettings ns

join Orion.Views v on ns.SettingValue = v.ViewID

join Orion.Nodes n on ns.NodeID = n.NodeID

where SettingName = 'ViewID'

pastedImage_2.png

View solution in original post

Level 13

Image result for CHEF

0 Kudos
Level 13

This would be a fantastic report.