cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

List Resources is Empty

Jump to solution

I have about 20 nodes where I cannot change the interfaces that are monitored. When I click list resources this is all I get.

pastedImage_1.png

Has this happened to anyone and how did you fix it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 12

The majority of these were remote devices. Eventually I tried them from my old polling server and it worked. I had to have the remote teams allow access from my new server's ip address. Not everybody reads all the emails

Thanks for the help though!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Level 12

The majority of these were remote devices. Eventually I tried them from my old polling server and it worked. I had to have the remote teams allow access from my new server's ip address. Not everybody reads all the emails

Thanks for the help though!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

I’m just glad you got it working.

Kenneth W. Cohen

Network Analyst

Global Technical Services, IT

Office: 470-448-5870

Mobile: 678-428-9875

kenneth.cohen@hyh.com<mailto:kenneth.cohen@hyh.com>

Halyardhealth.com

0 Kudos
MVP
MVP

When I've run into this, doing an SNMPwalk and then polling the desired MIBs seen there was useful.  Vendor documentation to determine MIBs to be polled is another option.

Does an SNMP walk work?

Level 13

What type of node is this? If its a Windows server, what polling method is it using?

The other possibility I've run into is an invalid SNMP community string.  NPM will tell you that the device is up (via ICMP) but will not be able to poll it.

That was the first thing I checked. I changed to ICMP then went back to SNMP and got through.

0 Kudos