This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Links Redirect to Home Page if Login Session Has Expired

So I have noticed for a while that if I click on a link to solarwinds from say an email, if my Solarwinds session has expired I am prompted to log in. That part is fine, but once I log in, it does not direct me to the link I want, but to the home page.  I then have to re-click on the link wherever I got it from and it then takes me to the correct page. It used to not annoy me, but now it does to no end.  I don't believe this is a problem on our end, but is a quirk with the software. Do others experience this and did you fix it?

Summary:

I have a link: solarwinds.domain.com/stuff/stuff/stuff/node_details.aspx

Oh no! My session to Solarwinds has timed out and I have to log in!  I am directed to: solarwinds.domain.com/Orion/Login.aspx?autologin=no

Ok.  I log in.  But I'm not at my solarwinds.domain.com/stuff/stuff/stuff/node_details.aspx page.  I'm at solarwinds.comain.com/my_home_summary_view.

So now I have to re-click my old link.  Now I get to my page.  Very annoying.

If anyone has any suggestions as to fix this...or if this is a bug that just needs to be fixed by Solarwin, that would be awesome.

thanks,

Rachel