cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Leibert MIB

How do I monitor my Leibert UPS in Orion?

I got the MIBs from Leibert but I can't find where to import them.

I searched the forum and found nothing.

I tried to use every OID under Leibert in the 'create custom poller' and they all fail when testing.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Level 17

Leibert UPS MIBs are currently in the database I believe, have you gone to the SW customer portal and downloaded the latest MIB updates?

When you can browse to the MIB in the Custom MIB browser within Orion, then the MIB is already in our database.

To monitor a custom MIB with Orion or with Real Time SNMP Graph, it doesn’t have to be in the database. It only needs to be in the database if you want to “Browse” your way to the OID when selecting it. Otherwise, you can just type in the OID manually and it’ll work on any MIB whether it is in the database or not.

If a message like “OID Not Supported” or “No such name”, comes up it doesn’t mean that we don’t have that MIB in our database, it means that we successfully queried the device and that the device doesn’t support the MIB that you’re querying against.

See the BakerD post about Leibert MIBs

0 Kudos
Level 10

Try this

SolarWinds MIB Database Update
Build: 06/26/2007

This update to the MIB database includes the latest MIBs
from standard vendors and those MIBs sent to SolarWinds by
customers. Cirrus Configuration Manager, Orion Network Performance
Monitor, and SolarWinds Engineer's Toolset all use the MIB
database.

The MIB database is zipped and can be installed by copying
the new MIB database file (MIBs.cfg) over your old database file.

1. Using Windows Explorer, navigate to your installation folder
and locate the MIBs.cfg file. By default, this is located in one of
the following locations:
* Cirrus: \Program Files\SolarWinds\Configuration Management
* Orion: \Program Files\SolarWinds\Common
* Toolset: \Program Files\SolarWinds\Engineer's Edition\

2. Unzip the new MIB database to a temporary directory, and then
replace the outdated MIBs.cfg file with the new MIBs.cfg file.

For more information, contact Technical Support
at www.solarwinds.net/support.

Regards

Ken

0 Kudos

Try this

SolarWinds MIB Database Update
Build: 06/26/2007

This update to the MIB database includes the latest MIBs
from standard vendors and those MIBs sent to SolarWinds by
customers. Cirrus Configuration Manager, Orion Network Performance
Monitor, and SolarWinds Engineer's Toolset all use the MIB
database.

For more information, contact Technical Support
at www.solarwinds.net/support.

Regards

Ken

How do we get mibs to Solarwinds?  I have a Liebert CD that came with our AC units and the mibs on it show newer dates than I can find on their website.  The funny thing is on the CD it say the latest mibs can be found on their website, but what I have found is those are a few years older than what I have.

0 Kudos

You just need to submit a ticket and attach them with the auto-reply email - and they will be compiled and added to the SW MIB DB-

0 Kudos

Great, thanks.  They have been submitted.

0 Kudos

Support informed me that a new MIB update was posted on 7/20/07 and includes the new Leibert ones I submitted.

0 Kudos

Is there a way to view the MIB database that Orion is using?  I have devices returning enterprises.10728.1.8 and orion is listing the devices as unknown when it should be listing them in the Redline communications group.

Edit: I looked at other redline communication devices I have that are in the proper vendor group and when I click rediscover I get back the same MIB as the ones that are in the [UNKNOWN] category in my Orion Network Performace Monitor on NMS application.  Should I open an ticket on this?

0 Kudos

you could use the Toolset MIB browser

0 Kudos