Level 10

Last status change for interface on node

Jump to solution

I am trying to add a resource view for the Node Details that will show me:

The name of interface on the node

The interface's alias

The interface's current status

The last time the status of the interface was changed

So far I have duplicated the "Last Status Change for Each Interface Report" and edited it to show the following:

2015-07-14_10h02_40.png

Unfortunately it lists every single interface on every single node, I want it to only show the node for which I am currently looking at, and the "Interface Status" doesn't show the current Up/Down status of the interface.

Also, when I try to add the custom report to the "Report from Orion Report Writer", it doesn't show up in the "Select a Report" drop down menu.

2015-07-14_10h06_20.png

2015-07-14_10h06_31.png

I cannot find a way to show the information that I have listed above in any of the Node Details tabs. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

You have to create your report in Report Writer App, which you can find installed on the server itself.

Then, once you are happy with report and gives you all interfaces and columns as you like - to be able to filter down to a particular node - just use similar approach as described here

Then, add this report on the node page as per your above screenshots (with Report from Orion Writer Resource)

View solution in original post

4 Replies

You have to create your report in Report Writer App, which you can find installed on the server itself.

Then, once you are happy with report and gives you all interfaces and columns as you like - to be able to filter down to a particular node - just use similar approach as described here

Then, add this report on the node page as per your above screenshots (with Report from Orion Writer Resource)

View solution in original post

Brilliant! That worked, thank you so much! I've been battling with this for hours.

Now my new problem is some of the interfaces aren't showing the correct dates... I have some that are listed as 2016. Any ideas?

2015-07-14_11h40_18.png

0 Kudos

Interesting... what field and from which table you use to report on Last Change? Also, just sanity check - do you have correct system date on your app server?

0 Kudos

Crazy... I just checked my Interfaces table and I found one with "InterfaceLastChange" date in the future. I guess this is a BUG and probably needs to be picked up by SW Product Team