cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

Last Boot Is not updating

Has anyone else noticed that the Last Boot for SNMP/Agent nodes is not being updated?

I have some systems that were rebooted about 12 days ago, but some of them were showing very old Last Boot times.

The following two images illustrate what I am talking about. My thanks to cscoengineer​ for the Uptime report: https://thwack.solarwinds.com/docs/DOC-194008#comment-289980

Below is the Top 10 listed. The first image is before I set the LastBoot to null.

2018-02-01_11-04-41.jpg

The second image is the same list, but the LastBoot was updated correctly after setting the LastBoot to null and doing a rediscover.

2018-02-02_9-45-56.jpg

As you can tell, there are now a new set of top 10 nodes, with one of them remaining at the top. The others have been updated.

There should be no reason to have to set the LastBoot to null to have LastBoot updated.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Level 12

Bump

0 Kudos

ON your boxes where the last boot is not updated in your report, do you see the same on the node details page?

Are there any other details on from the node that are not being updated as well? (i.e all graphs are up to current time).

0 Kudos

On the details page the last boot is not updated either it is the same value. The performance information is updated and showing current.

It looks like it is the last boot that is not updating. When I set the last boot to null, the value gets updated to the correct value.

0 Kudos

So a manual set to NULL and rediscover updates this, but a rediscover alone does not? 

Any other 'symptoms' that you can note? If you looked through any log files, are these nodes showing any entries?

0 Kudos

>So a manual set to NULL and rediscover updates this, but a rediscover alone does not?

Yes. It does not update with a rediscover. Then when I set it to null. The value gets updated automatically with no rediscover action.

> Any other 'symptoms' that you can note? If you looked through any log files, are these nodes showing any entries?

No other symptoms of note. I have not looked through any logs. It appears the rediscover works on its normal scheduled basis, but it just seems to not be updating the Last Boot value appropriately.

0 Kudos

If you have any servers monitored via SNMP, does the boot time show properly?  Note: If you change the polling method you will lose the historical data.

If you see this happening this article might help : Nodes report differently on WMI: Last Boot Time Null - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

0 Kudos