This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Just getting started with NPM - Dependencies-Alerting

Got to a customer. they have SolarWinds and I am on a crash course to learn it.  They have started SolarWinds install and have discovered Nodes.  Installed are:

NPM 10.3

SAM 5.0.1

IPSLAMGR 3.5.1

NTA 3.8

IVIM 1.3

Currently we are getting alot of alerts - Remote router goes down, alert for router, switch, endpoints.

I have read Thack and watched webcasts, but maybe I am not seeing the forest for the trees.

Basically what I am working with is (approx 60 sites)

HE Router > MPLS, Frame, or Internet > FE Router or 881 > Remote Switches > Remote Devices

I have read many examples but not sure which direction to take.  I have setup a Custom Property indicating which city the remote device is tied to.  I have also read about using Custom Property set to different Tier levels.

Do I set up multiple Parent Child dependencies?

Parent HE Router > Child FE Router WAN interface

Parent FE Router > Child Remote Switches

Parent Remote Switches > Child Remote Devices.

Looking for any suggestions to get started and create a standard for each site (and future sites).

Chris