This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is there a way to uncheck Interface Error Statistics on a lot of interfaces quickly?

chrisputer_0-1583865204165.png

Basically, any interface that has the x3 and x4 name, I need to uncheck the error statistics. But there are hundreds of them to do. They're all part of an ERPS ring and the blocking interface is discarding the traffic and generating high error numbers. According to our hardware vendor, there is no want to not have this be reported in the OID/MIB.

• An SQL query would probably be easiest.   Something like:

SELECT P.PollerID, P.PollerType, P.NetObjectID, I.InterfaceName, Enabled
    FROM Pollers P
    JOIN Interfaces I ON (P.NetObjectID = I.InterfaceID)
    WHERE ((I.InterfaceName = 'x3') OR (I.InterfaceName = 'x4')) AND (P.PollerType = 'I.StatisticsErrors32.SNMP.IfTable')

Should find all the pollers, do this in the Database Manager on the server or SQL Studio.

Change this to an Update query and set 'Enabled' to 0, or you could potentially even delete these lines in the database.  An 'Update' is probably safer.

Alternatively, in the database manager, you could click on "Enable table editing" and check off all the "Enabled" boxes so they are no longer checked.   A bit more manual, but safer if your unsure about updating or deleting the table...

• Wow, that was a fast reply. Thank you! Learning so much about NPM from you guys!

• While I started to become hesitant in deleting stuff directly from the database and rather utilize the SDK for such tasks, I agree with that removing Pollers directly from the DB is OK.
    If you want to go down the rabbit hole: https://github.com/solarwinds/OrionSDK