This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is there a way to import data into a custom Information field on existing nodes from an access database or excel spreadsheet?

FormerMember
FormerMember

I have been given a spreadsheet with site records listing information pertinent to each site that is not in Orion NPM.  I could see pasting this info into a custom text box/field that I already have set up for each node.  What I am wondering is if there is a way to import them into the SQL database so that I do not have to type them in manually.

The spread sheet has 95 nodes with 48 columns of information.

Has anyone done this?

• The custom property is ideal for this. You would have to create a custom property to match each column in the source file that you want to import. Then, you import the spreadsheet to the custom property editor on the Orion website. Match the IP address of each node and choose a field in the source file and the matching custom property for each. That would be a quick way to get all of this data into SolarWinds.

Hope this helps.