This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is the DiscoveryProfile JobID unique across multiple copies of NPM ?

I am working on making sure that we have NPM discoveries configured in multiple NPM systems. The Discoveries are based on CMDB records of subnets that we use internally.

Now that I'm working with 3 instances of NPM, I see a possible problem.  I had previously used the ProfileID column to identify the discovery and then compare the  Name column against the CMDB discovery name.

Now I'm sure the ProfileID will NOT be unique across the different NPM instances.

Question:

Can I use the JobID column as a unique identifier across multiple NPM instances?

DiscoveryProfiles.png

If the answer is no, then I can construct my own unique identifier based on the NPM instance and the ProfileID.

• cgregors,

While the jobID is probably unique, should there be any reason the job is recreated, or something happens I doubt the same discovery would have the same job.  It's a reach, but there is a potential point of failure there I think.

Regards,

Matthew Harvey

Loop1 Systems

• That was the way my thinking was leaning. I realized that a JobID is not the same as a uniqueid (like the IPAddressN column in the NodeIPAddresses table).

I'll cobble together something that merges the profileid with a homegrown id for the NPM instance.

Thanks for the input.