This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is it possible to directly query the SQL database to find the installed module(s) and their version?

I am working on our disaster recovery plan for SolarWinds, and am trying to tabletop a scenario where all we have is the SQL backup of the database server.  In order to properly build a fresh polling engine server from scratch that would use that database, we would need (among other things) to know what modules we had, and what versions they were.

Is there a place in the SQL database that stores this info?  My thought being that in such a scenario you could restore the database server, then query against it to see what modules and their versions are needed for the polling engine.

• You can use the OrionServers table. 

Note that it will list all the sub-modules/features so you can ignore some (Cloud Monitoring, NetPath, etc). You can compare it against your modules you have licensed in the Licensing_LicenseAssignments table (ProductName column).

• And easier approach might be to go to the bottom of just about any page you go to in your environment, you should see a list of the modules there?

cnorborg_0-1600727263804.png

• - my response was if they only had the SQL backup (no website). But yes, that is much easier if the website is still functioning.
  • Yeah, the intention here is that all servers are gone, and we're in such a worst case scenario that the only think we have readily available is backups of the SQL databases.

• This is perfect, thank you.

To share what I ended up with, here's the MSSQL query that returns everything needed (I hate using SELECT *, but there really shouldn't be too many rows in these tables, and it makes it simpler):

SELECT * FROM [SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[OrionServers]
    SELECT * FROM [SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[Licensing_LicenseAssignments]

With just this query, and a little bit of manual parsing of the "Details" field out of the row(s) in OrionServers, you can figure out what version(s) were installed on what server(s).  All's that is needed is to first restore a backup of the SolarWindsOrion database somewhere that can run it.