This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is There a Checklist for the Administration Duties for Solarwinds?

Just looking for the details of a checklist if there is one so I can keep my solarwinds server up and running.

• Nah

Ok well kinda, depends...

llinteau12  has a solid checklist over here SolarWinds Administrators Checklist

KMSigma​ I'm pretty sure wrote an article I read with a number of solarwinds healthchecks, cant find it now though

A couple tasks like cleaning up old interfaces and volumes I believe go away in the current release, though i've yet to make that upgrade

Personally:

1. Check your emails, anything weird? If so look into it/escalate it.
    2. Get at least a few things batch or auto-importable and run those a few times a week
    3. Check your totals from time to time and make sure nothing changes unexpectedly, if so go trawl the audit logs or historical data. (Total elements, Job Weight, Nodes per vendor, applications, hardware, their respective health percentages.)
    4. Make sure old issues age as little as possible - Get people to fix stuff or agree to stop monitoring it
    5. Keep the active alerts page as tidy as possible
    6. Keep the website up (monitor the certificate if need be)
    7. Keep the data good
    8. Keep the monitored estate tidy
    9. Keep the server estate fed
    10. Keep latency low
    11. Custom properties high
    12. Polling completion at 100 if at all possible
    13. Alert categories fairly low
    14. Admin accounts fairly low
    15. Old groups purged
    16. DBAs happy
    17. Delete/script away Toolset_BusinessLayerPlugin_tracelog.svclog from time to time if applicable
    18. Prep for patch day waaaaay in advance
    19. Search Thwack for Noise Report and use that
    20. Check the My Deployment Health page and action anything concerning

¯\_(ツ)_/¯