cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Is SolarWinds compatible with dynamic Active Directory groups?

I am trying to create import a dynamic group that contains all AD users. I have created a dashboard that I wish to give all users access to but little else. I am running NPM 11.0

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 17

Are you trying to create the group for the users to log in?  If so, Orion shouldn't care about it as long as it can see it  on the domain. 

0 Kudos

Its an existing AD group that I was able to add to Orion. When I have users try logging in they are prompted to enter their credentials(even though I have pass-though enabled) and receive an incorrect username/password message. Members of other groups are are logged on automatically without issue.

0 Kudos

It may not be able to tie the users back to members of that group based on how the group is setup in AD.  Once the login attempt is made, the information would be passed to AD to figure out the group association, then Orion would relate them and allow the login.  Are they getting the Windows AD pop up login or the Orion login screen?

0 Kudos

They receive the Orion prompt.

0 Kudos

so it seems like it's not hitting the AD prompt at all.  On one of the users, I'd go into their browser settings and change the windows authentication settings to prompt for username and password, or pass for intranet zone (then of course add the Orion site to their intranet zone sites).

0 Kudos