This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is Oracle OS support by NPM agents?

I was wondering if Oracle OS is supported by NPM agents? Is seems like I get an error in deployment saying that the OS isn't supported and to chose the right OS from a list of supported os versions. If I choose redhat it does actually deploy and by all accounts seem to work just fine. My Unix guys tell me that Oracle built it on a platform similar to redhat.

I am asking only because if it's not supported than of course support will say it's not supported and I'll end up with a headache on my hands. Another way we've added Oracle to agent monitoring on NPM is by manually installing it on the machine and having Orion connect to it.

With this option it seems to work fine on version 7.2 of Oracle OS but fails to connect on version 7.3. I'm not proficient enough to understand the differences and I do not have enough Unix or Linux skills to understand how Orion is connecting with those systems.

In General has anyone every had experiences with Agent Unix or Linux monitoring and what problems have you ran into..  One extra note.. These servers or cloud servers on Azure platform. Since NPM doesn't yet natively communicate with azure API it just makes this a headache to figure out a proper way to add these servers to agent monitoring.

But my pressing issue is trying to get 7.3 to connect with orion.

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!