This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Interfaces showing in 'unknown state' even when they're up

Hi -

I have a node that's showing its two interfaces in an unknown state in the web console and I can't seem to clear this. The interfaces are operational. I've tried deleting the interfaces and then re-adding them, and have done the same with the node itself. In the past, that would usually clear it for me, but not this time.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Jon Koelker

Oyster River School Dist.

Durham, NH

• what does the load on your polling engine look like?

if you do an snmp walk on the system from the polling engine, what are the results (does it come back with those interfaces and what are the status), etc...

When you do a "list resources" on that node, are the same interfaces showing up (I assume yes as you said you delete and re-add).

I'm guessing poller resource issue based on little I know.  What does web page say -> admin -> "details" section -> polling engines?

• Seems to be a known issue.  Unmanage for a polling cycle and then remanage.

• Hi, folks - thanks for your suggestions. However, before I got an opportunity to try them, the issue had resolved itself. Not sure if this was just SNMP slowness or some latency getting the info to the web application.....I'm at a loss. But the interfaces are no longer showing as 'unknown state' and are reporting statistics, so I'm going to chalk it up to an anomaly and move on from here! Thanks for your input!

jk