cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Interface Utilization on Brocade SAN switches?

Hi,

is there a way using v9 to monitor our Brocade switches sfor our IBM SAN kit? Were really after things like utilization of Interfaces and CPU speed etc.

thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Level 7

Hi,

just enable SNMP in the FC switch configuration and ORION will by default find the FC and Ethernet interfaces. If you need more just configure your own SNMP Poller (e.g. Sensor Table FAN, Power Supply >> iso.org.dod.internet.experimental.fcmgmt.connSet.connUnitSensorTable]  etc)

regards

Bert

0 Kudos

I have SNMP enabled on my Brocade FC switches and ORION doesn't find the FC and Ethernet Interfaces.  How did you get Orion to do this? 

0 Kudos

In the "System Manager" select the device and go to "Node Details" within the [Comunity String Field] enter public or the security string you have configured. Once done select "List Resources" to select the ports you want to capture data from.

regards Bert

0 Kudos

I am running a Brocade SilkWorm FC switch.   I have a valid SNMP string and when I select list resources I only see 2 interfaces the loopback and Etherent Interface for management.  This is a 32-port FC switch. 

0 Kudos

You need to be running at least Brocade Fabric OS v5.3 for the fiber interfaces to appear automatically under listed resources.

If you have an active support contract, you can log in to www.brocadeconnect.com to download the administrator's guides with upgrade instructions and the Fabric OS release(s).

0 Kudos

Thanks this explains why I cannot monitor the fiber interfaces since I am on OS v5.2.1. 

0 Kudos

Usually the Brocade FC products support FE MIB, FC Management MIB. Please check if your specific modell supports these. You should do a MIB walk to see what values will be returned from your device.

regards Bert

0 Kudos

Do you know if the Qlogic 5200 SAN switches will work?
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

yip, I added the brocade switches and all ports are displayed and statistics are available.

Don't know why I never just tried this 😉

thanks very much

Dave

0 Kudos