This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Interface Statistics Without Up/Down

I'm sure this question has been answered before, but I can't find an answer.  On client ports, we would like to monitor statistics, but not up/down.  I've thought about having the network guys add something like "monitor" or "imp" to the name of important or monitored ports, but our director would prefer to also have client ports not affect the visual switch health icon.  So, that kind of leaves me in a bind as well.

Anybody have any suggestions?

• Go to Manage Nodes, change the view from Nodes to Interfaces, select the interfaces you want, edit properties, and click the checkbox for "Display interface as unplugged rather than down." This will cause NPM to report an interface status of of "Unplugged" when the interface is down, preventing the triggering of any alerts that depend on a Down status. Also, an "Unplugged" interface status does not cause the node to go into a degraded status. If all ports are either Up or Unplugged, the node will report with a green icon.