cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Interface Description in NPM

Jump to solution

Hopefully somebody can help me with this.

I have changed description on router interface to describe what node the interface is from. Anyway in Trigged Alert - Trigerring Object, it is still came up with old description (no node description).  How can I get the new interface description to be used?

This is become a problem when looking at Top 10 Objects by trigger count of this alert as all objects look the same as below.

pastedImage_0.png

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

The interface name should update automatically on the next poll. If that's not happening, then maybe the interface name has been set manually within "Edit Interface" in Solarwinds.

In that case if you do a List Resources on the node within Node Management, it will grab the actual description on the interface. Submit that, and all should be good.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi superfly99

The interface name was not set manually. Anyway just submitted through List Resources as usggested and will see if that will show the correct interface description in the Top 10 list.

0 Kudos

The interface name should update automatically on the next poll. If that's not happening, then maybe the interface name has been set manually within "Edit Interface" in Solarwinds.

In that case if you do a List Resources on the node within Node Management, it will grab the actual description on the interface. Submit that, and all should be good.

View solution in original post

superfly99

Going through List Resources and submit fixed the problem.  Thanks for your help.