cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Information from Solarwinds Database

Hello,

I would like to retrieve the amount of Microsoft licenses that are out there in our Server Infrastructure.

Would any of you good people know what database table holds this kind of information?  I found tables called 'Licensing_LicenseAssignments' which gave me license information but it was only for the polling engine.

Thanks

Anita Roberts

0 Kudos
3 Replies

You could run the Software Inventory Report that is an OOB Report showing all the Applications installed on machines that have asset information collected. It won't show you license specific information, but it would, for example, show you the number of copies of Microsoft Office you have in your environment or SQL Server. You would need to apply a filter to the report to only show Applications containing "Microsoft"

- David Smith

Thanks David, I have created the Software Inventory Report but I've been asked to get the licensing information specifically.  Apparently there is a way to do it, I was sent this link from Solarwinds Support Create, apply, and alert on a WMI monitor - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support  but I got stuck at the part that asks you to enter a WQL query as I don't know the name of what I'm querying if you see what I mean.

Thanks for your reply.

Anita

0 Kudos

If you're looking to pull that information from WMI, I think you'd want to look at the SoftwareLicensingProduct class. So, a basic WQL query would be

'select Name from SoftwareLicensingProduct where LicenseStatus = "1"'

That would return Microsoft products with a LicenseStatus of "Licensed"

SoftwareLicensingProduct class | Microsoft Docs

0 Kudos