cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
networkingkool
Level 10

In Cisco devices, the Total Memory report incorrect

Hi,

I realized that the Total Memory value in Solarwind reporter are incorrect. And the percentage of MEMORY Utilization may be incorrect also, because it take value of Used Memory divided to wrong Total Memory.

Does Solarwind know about this?

I want to collect the size of DRAM and FLASH of Cisco devices (include types switches and routers). I 'm planning to upgrade IOS to nearly 165 Cisco devices. That why I need those infos.

If NPM reporter cannot help, I have to run script on devices and sum manually with the output

Thanks in advanced

5 Replies
Highlighted
rob.hock
Level 17

Re: In Cisco devices, the Total Memory report incorrect

This could be dependant upon your version of NPM, and the specific devices. What version are you running? Would it be possible to post SNMP walks of a couple of the devices that appear incorrect?

0 Kudos
networkingkool
Level 10

That NPM is version 9.5 but I think the version of NPM is not the root cause. Because I also check another NPM ver 10.5, it also get wrong value of total memory. I cannot give you SNMP walks now. But could you test in your environment? Cisco devices are very common.

0 Kudos
rob.hock
Level 17

We wouldn't expect that our calculations would be off for all Cisco devices, but rather there may be specific devices in your environment that are returning different metrics. Walks from a couple of them would be very helpful.

networkingkool
Level 10

Could you gvvie me your email. I will send you snmp walk

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
rob.hock
Level 17

Surely: rob.hock[at]solarwinds.com