I have installed Orion 2020.2 in Windows 2019 server yesterday. After the installation the website was working and able to access.
However aftersome time of inactivity we found that the Website is not working. We found the World wide web publishing service has gone to disabled state. Once it is started the website works and will again go to disabled state.
Based on the update from support I have uninstalled and reinstalled IIS and ran the configuration wizard which was completed successfully. But still the issue is there.
Can anyone tell me why world wide web publishing service is going to disable state automatically.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Yes, I am getting the same event in System log and also the Event ID 7036 which tells Service is in stopped state. But not seeing anything which tells why it is disabled. Only thing I can see is soon after these events I can see the event stating Group policy is applied successfully. So suspecting this issue is due to GP. Checking with my sever team for the same.
Your best bet is with Solarwinds Support.
1. Capture screen shots of the problem.
2. Start collecting Diagnostics from all your pollers.
3. While that's happening, open a ticket online with Support.
4. Once the online ticket is created, attach your screen shots and diagnostics.
5. When they've finished uploading, call Support, reference the Support Ticket number that automatically was e-mailed to you, and get someone on it asap.
They'll figure it out and get it fixed quickly. I've never had a failed experience with Solarwinds Technical Support (although some cases are resolved more quickly than other).
SolarWinds solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base in the THWACK® online community. More than 150,000 members are here to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly contribute to our product development process. Learn more today by joining now.