This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IIS Service & Counters not working

In Orion, trying to add APM monitors to Exchange server. SNMP is enabled on Exchange 2010 server. The domain user I am using for monitoring has Admin privs on the Exchange server. Yet, when I try to install APM monitors for IIS, I get the "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070422)" error. Exchange server has IIS 7.0 for OWA. I rebooted the Exchange server once, but it did not work. I have yet to install Exchange APM monitors, but I won't be surprised if I get the same error. Any idea on what I am doing wrong? I tried adding APM IIS monitors on other web servers and it works fine, just not Exchange.

• There is an MS tool you can check to see if parts are enabled "Exctrlst.exe".

You could also use the MS tool - "WMIDiag.vbs"

Also try "wbemtest.exe" - if you can't get that to connect to the server locally, then Orion can't use WMI.  Then try running from the Orion server connecting to the exchange server.