This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

I want to display a list of nodes and how long it's been since they last talked back.

I have some derelict nodes, I have no problem looking at what ones are down but I want something that shows what's down and how it has been down for.

There's some in my system I can surely delete from the database.

I'm sure it can be done...

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

This Custom SQL Report will show the nodes that are down, and when they last showed as up, you can then delete the nodes via the Web Console

1. Start > Programs > Solarwinds Orion > Alerting Reporting and Mapping > Report Writer
    2. File > New > Advanced SQL
    3. Name the Report

4. In the SQL tab enter:
    SELECT Caption, IP_Address, LastSystemUpTimePollUtc
    FROM Nodes
    WHERE
    Status ='2'
    ORDER BY LastSystemUpTimePollUtc
    ASC

5. Save the report with an appropriate name, eg Down Nodes

6. This report will now be available on the Web Console.

• Awesome thanks! One question - step 5, where am I clicking to Save this?

I'm still on the SQL tab where you enter the SQL queries...

When I hit the save button along the top of the Report Writer, it just wants me to save it as a file...

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to lbrowne

My pleasure :-)

You save as a file...save in the Reports folder on the Orion server. The report is then available in the Web Console.

• I get this message when trying to save:

Detected usage of a macro, which links to a nonexistent field in the report. Therefore WebURL, which uses this macro, will not be generated correctly.

Missing fields:

NodeID

• Do I just add Node ID to the string you have above? I need that answer before I can verify your post as the answer...

Thnx!

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to lbrowne

You should still be able to save the report.

But if this still causes issues add the NodeID (SELECT NodeID, Caption, IP_Address, LastSystemUpTimePollUtc as the first line of SQL) and configure NodeID to be NodeID to be hidden (Field Formatting tab).

Just replicated this: you should then let you save the report without an error.

• I've just tried this & works great.

However, I noticed that LastSystemUpTimePollUtc only returns values for SNMP nodes.

I'd like to get the same results for my ICMP nodes, is there a "Last Ping Response" field anywhere in the Database?

• I'm interested in this too.