This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to unmanage Orion altogether?

I am familiar with the Unmanage utility in Orion NPM. I know you can use that to stop data collection on a monitored node for a specific time period.

What if I want to turn Orion off altogether for some time period during a major outage?

Do I just use the Task Scheduler on the SolarWinds server to turn off all of the SolarWinds services at a specific time and then turn them back on later?

• is unmanaging all nodes (e.g. from the webinterace) or shutting down orion services (with the orion service manager) an option?

alternatively you have the checkmark "Disable all alert actions" which will not execute any alert actions for as long as it is checked (you can find it in the alert manager on the server under active alerts)

other than that there is nothing available afaik... if none of the above options work for you, you can try a feature request.

• The best way is to goto Start-->All Programs-->Solarwinds Orion-->Advanced Features-->Orion Service Manger

Then select "shutdown everything".

Hope this helps!

• I think the scheduling of the unmanage task is the option I will try. In fact, I think I will configure a Yes/No node property that I will set all nodes to Yes for. Then, I will use the property to construct the scheduled unmanage task. I will let you know how this works.