This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to see which devices are using which SNMPv3 credentials

I'm working on migrating to SNMPv3 but I've got an issue. Some of my users have discovered devices and (I think) instead of using the saved credentials, they've inadvertently created new ones for each discovered device.

I'd like to go through and delete these superfluous accounts, but I can't delete them until there are no devices using those creds. When I go to manage SNMPv3 credentials, I can see how many devices are using each credential set, but I can't see a list of devices using each credential. How do I produce a list of devices using each saved credential set?

• Ok, after learning some more SQL and playing around for a bit, I found a workable solution to the problem.  I wrote the SQL query below:

SELECT NodesData.NodeID, NodeSettings.SettingValue, Caption, DNS FROM [dbo].[NodesData]

INNER JOIN NodeSettings

ON NodesData.NodeID=NodeSettings.NodeID WHERE NodeSettings.SettingValue = '71' OR NodeSettings.SettingValue = '63';

In this specific case, the SettingValue 71 and 63 are the foreign keys which point back to the Credential table. The specific SNMPv3 credentials are the ones denoted by those primary keys.