This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to move one node to other group(group by comments)

Hi all,

As i am new to solarwinds, in my new company already solarwinds is running configured by our old staff.

now i am trying to learn about solarwinds, i got one small task.

all nodes are in different groups, that groups are defined as "group by comments"   now i want to move one node to another group,  see the below image in unknown[1], the node i want to move in Branches[37] group.

sw1.JPG

can any one  help me ? i checked the below

settings --> node management --> Manage groups..  but int that the group(group by comments) is not showing.

sw2.JPG

I hope anyone understand my question. Manythanks..

BR

Ershad.

• To move the device out of Unknown and into the BRANCHES group, you are going to have to look at how the BRANCHES group is defined. In the bottom screenshot you posted, you can see an Edit Properties button. Highlight the BRANCHES group and then click that button to see how it is defined. If devices are just manually added to the group, you will be able to add the Unknown device right there. For a lot of my groups, I use Dynamic Queries, and occasionally I have to modify a query to include a new location, set of nodes, etc. However, if the group is just manually defined, you will have the chance while using Edit Properties to just add the Unknown device.

When you go into Edit Properties, you will see a line that says something like Contains: +37 Nodes with button next to it labeled Add & Remove Objects. If you click on that button, you will be brought to an add object screen where you can group available objects by a number of criteria and you can click on an arrow to move a node to the group. Once done, make sure you click the Submit button on all screens to save your changes. Let me know if you need more info.

• Couple screenshots to help (I cut off the actual device names):

Add-Remove Objects.JPGEdit Group.JPG

• Somehow the order changed after I inserted the images. The Edit Group would come first, followed by the Add & Remove.

• Hi Scott,

Many thanks for your swift support. Finally i got this.

i have to learn alot, how to manage solarwinds NPM.