cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

How to install new hotfix bundle on APE?

Jump to solution

I installed the new Hotfix Bundle for Products with Orion 2017.3 on our primary polling engine this morning without issues.

When I wanted to install on our APE, I get a systems check error that I must use the "Scalability engines installer". However when I use that installer, it does not seem to install any updates.

How do you install hotfixes on APE's now?

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Thanks - all has been installed and the new scalability installer seems to work on APE aswell. Good to have these things back on track

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

Core 2017.3 Hotfix 2 was released today and resolves this issue deploying hotfixes to Additional Polling Engines, Additional Web Servers and HA Backups using the Scalability Engines Installer. I can be downloaded now from your Customer Portal.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks - all has been installed and the new scalability installer seems to work on APE aswell. Good to have these things back on track

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Each hotfix can be applied to the APE the same as the main. It looks like the hotfix bundle however is not working that way though. It's something entirely new and was released for the first time yesterday, so it looks like it has a few kinks that still need to be worked out.

Alright thank you for clarifying that behavior is not as expected

You write that each hotfix can be applied individually on the APE instead - however I cannot see where they can be downloaded individually?

- Fx. NPM12.2 Hotfix 1 seems to only be available in the bundle..?

0 Kudos

Have you re-downloaded the absolute latest version of the Scalability Engines Installer from the Orion web interface after the hotfix was applied to the Main Orion server? This version should be able to apply hotfixes properly to all your scalability engines.

0 Kudos

Yes - just downloaded again to be sure - same thing happens - only wants to install IPAM over and over - no hotfixes...

pastedImage_0.png

As you can see here, they installed fine on the primary server.

pastedImage_1.png

Any ideas?

0 Kudos

husum182​, can you please open a case with support and reference this thread? We would like to review your diagnostics from that APE to determine what's going on. It may be something wrong with IPAM which is preventing the installation of hotfixes on your additional polling engine.

Hi,

Got the issue fixed now. Apparently the scalability installer downloaded from Solarwinds customer portal does not work.

Solarwinds support had me download the installer from Solarwinds WebConsole > Settings > Polling Engines > Clicking the Download Installer Now button in the top right.

Running this installer worked and hotfixes are now installed.

Question now is, why there even is a difference between the two. They are same size, so quite strange.

Thank you for the help.

Thanks. Created now as #1351400

0 Kudos

Alright - so it is expected behavior. However how do you then install the hotfixes on the APE?

When I run the scalability installer on my APE - it just says it wants to install IPAM v4.5.2 every time, however it does not. It also does not install any hotfixes as far as I can see under installed updates in OS.

This is what the installer says - every time you run it. Any ideas?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos