cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

How to import mib rows inside solarwinds??

So Im trying to generate an alert for my liebert UPS system to know when the voltage phases drop below a certain threshold. I was able to locate the MIBs using the universal device poller and found the following values:

pastedImage_0.png

I only need the first 3 rows and the last one. How can I import this in solarwinds and report it as an alert??

0 Kudos
5 Replies

A few ways you can do this.

If you know that these are the only rows you need and they would never change order then you could set up separate UNDP pollers for 1.3.6.1.4.1.476.1.42.3.5.3.2.1.4.1,  1.3.6.1.4.1.476.1.42.3.5.3.2.1.4.2,  1.3.6.1.4.1.476.1.42.3.5.3.2.1.4.3 and  1.3.6.1.4.1.476.1.42.3.5.3.2.1.4.7

Otherwise you poll the whole table and then set up an alert condition that filters against the rowid.  There are more complex ways to do fancy things with custom SQL/SWQL if you think the row order would change but I doubt you need to go that deep for this case.

- Marc Netterfield, Github

Thanks for your response. I created a UNDP for those values but can't pull them up in solarwinds. Is there a middle step to displaying them? Im using a Universal device chart

0 Kudos

First, did you test them and make sure they returned values from your UPS?

If that was good, did you check the box that says keep historical data (can't chart it out of we aren't logging it over time).

Did you take those UNDP's and actually assign them to the UPS?

Hit poll now and wait a few minutes after assigning them, see if you have data.

0 Kudos

Where do you see poll now? In SW or in Orion UDP

0 Kudos

You would go to the node details for the UPS, its inside the management widget

0 Kudos