This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to get iSeries Disk and RAM data on SolarWinds Orion

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hi,

Recently I have added our iSeries partition to SolarWinds and we are able to get details of CPU and network port usage successfully. Unfortunately we are not getting any data relating to Disk usage or RAM.  I have gone through some forums on web and people talk about MIB and I have no clue about that.

Really appreciate if some one can help through.

Thanks in advance.

• I think you posted in the wrong section of Thwack.  This is for SDK issues.  I think this belongs to the regular NPM forum threads.  However if you 'list resources' on the node, does it show you any of the disks?

If not then I would suspect either your AS400 to be restricting the MIBs reported.

• Moving this conversation to the NPM forum.

DH

• Initially select the node in question, click 'list resources'.  This check list should show what is available (you will need to ensure the SNMP is set up correctly obviously).

If the SNMP is set up correctly and you still cannot see the volumes that you require to monitor, then you will need to go through a M.I.B walk to find what you want (always useful to use google to help obtain OIDs).