This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to export a list of what nodes use which community strings?

OK so we recently merged 3 Solarwinds instances into one.  In doing this we brought in a bunch of new SNMP strings as the nodes came from several different regions who all had their own way of doing things.

Now we are preparing to move all of that into a new instance with stuff already in it from the company we merged with.  They want to import nodes from a file, which I get.  But they asked that we provide all the SNMP strings for the nodes....and there's over 16000.  I don't want to go through 16k nodes one by one and document which SNMP string they are using.  And I could not find a way to export that to a file...what can I do?

NOTE: I have next to no understanding of SQL....emoticons_plain.png

• Here is a SWQL query that I think should get you want.

SELECT NodeID, ObjectSubType, IPAddress, IPAddressType, DynamicIP, Caption, StatCollection, External, Community, RWCommunity

FROM Orion.Nodes

Here is a resource to get the SWQL studio:
    Where can I find the SWQL Studio for download?

Edit: Here is an SQL query that should get the job done as well:

SELECT [NodeID]

,[Caption]

,[DNS]

,[Community]

,[RWCommunity]

FROM [NetPerfMon].[dbo].[NodesData]

At least I think so. Let me know how this works?

• This is a stripped down version of the query I use for tracking that kind of thing.  You can paste it into the web based report writer as a custom swql datasource and it should work out for you.  If you need more info about snmpv3 or wmi credentials then things get a bit more complicated but this should get you started.  If both credentials are null then you are most likely using only ICMP to ping the node.

SELECT n.ip_address as [IP Address], n.Community as [SNMPv2 Community], c.Name AS [WMI/SNMPv3 Credential Name]

FROM Orion.Nodes n 

left JOIN Orion.NodeSettings ns ON n.NodeID = ns.NodeID  and ns.SettingName like '%Credential%'

LEFT JOIN Orion.Credential c ON ns.SettingValue = c.ID 

• You guys are my new best friends.  @