cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

How to delete entries in License Manager

Jump to solution

I have a couple of entries in my License Manager which I would like to delete but I can't seem to find the option.  Can someone please point me in the right direction?  Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Level 13

Are the entries you're planning to delete are old entries and not installed on the server? If so, I believe Support has a tool for this type of cleanup..

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Level 12

Yes TS has a tool which will literally wipe out License Store (license.dat file located in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\SolarWinds) and will re-create it with currently active licenses, BUT they will not be activated and you will have to contact TS or CS to get licenses reset.

You may try this little trick by creating environment variable SW_LM_DELETE (string type) and assigning any value to it. You can do it from Windows GUI or through Registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Environment). Result will be quite simple - you will see DELETE button in License Manager. Good luck and be careful while doing all that

Level 13

Are the entries you're planning to delete are old entries and not installed on the server? If so, I believe Support has a tool for this type of cleanup..

View solution in original post

Thanks for the info!  I got the tool from them but I wasn't instructed to deactivate the license before the reset.  Now I can't reactivate with my current keys.

0 Kudos

could you share the tool with me?  I also need it.thank you.

0 Kudos

yeah.. that would essentially clean up the licenses.. so you got a ticket number you can share?

0 Kudos