Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 7

How to create duration based alerts for interface utilization

Jump to solution

I'd like to set up the transmit or receive utilization alerts to be sent only if the utilization is above the threshold percentage for a specific period of time. Right now, alerts and resets are fired immediately on the threshold being crossed. When we are at peak time in the day, utilization will be near the threshold often causing the alerts to fire and reset repeatedly. It would be a benefit if I could have an alert to fire when utilization has exceeded X% for N seconds and to reset when under Y% for N seconds.

If anyone has a way to do this, please let me know.

Thanks,

John Delaney

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: How to create duration based alerts for interface utilization

Jump to solution

John,

You can set a condition to not trigger the alert until it has existing for X period of time. (See screenshot below.)

As a side note- our UX research team is looking at some interesting ideas as it relates to alerting. Would you perhaps be interested in spending 30-60 minutes checking it out and giving us your thoughts?

1-15-2014 10-35-11 AM.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

John,

You can set a condition to not trigger the alert until it has existing for X period of time. (See screenshot below.)

As a side note- our UX research team is looking at some interesting ideas as it relates to alerting. Would you perhaps be interested in spending 30-60 minutes checking it out and giving us your thoughts?

1-15-2014 10-35-11 AM.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

OK... I guess that puts me on the D'OH ! list for today. Completely overlooked the obvious. I was trying to complicate the simple.

Thanks for bringing me back to reality.

0 Kudos