cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

How to create a resource that looks like this?

A vendor of ours has a great view called Customer Node Details.  It looks like a combination of Node Details and Polling Details. 

I want to make something similar to this but can't figure out how to create a custom resource that:

Pulls fields from different tables

and

Once created, can be added to a View just like the other hundreds of Resources that can be added to Views.

Any suggestions you have would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Capture.JPG

Tags (1)
28 Replies
Level 17

scottgille

The Module you want to add is 'SELECTED NODE PROPERTIES'  - once added click the edit button and Rename this module and you will see a long list of check boxes for the details and/or custom properties that you want to display in this module.

**put it on a certain device type of a node details page**

cahunt​ WOW... I feel like little gremlins snuck into my Orion server and put this wonderful "SELECTED NODE PROPERTIES" resource in there while I wasn't looking. After all of these years, I cannot believe I have never noticed this resource.

And yes, it would be super nice to be able to sort it differently. I would also like to see this resource have the same functionality as the "System Information" resource, for the "Asset Inventory" tab, where the entire line is automatically hidden if there is no data.

Thank you very much for sharing this info!

-Will

maria.bungaumrs.alteregoDanielleH

I know spammers have been a big concern in the recent past, however, I am wondering what is so different about this thread, as I am constantly seeing spammers post here. My brain is telling me the most obvious reason would be due to some part of the html code in one of the previously posted responses. Also, every time a spammer posts something here, I check their profile, and they all appear to have posted the same things in the same places, and in the same order as the other spammers. While all of their profiles appear to be doing the same things, in the same order, in the same places, I am wondering if their activity is actually different, but just being recorded with a blanket template, or something of that nature.

I think all of the spammers that have posted in this specific thread have all shown the same "Personal" information, as shown in the screenshot below.

mch134how_20160420-00a.PNG

And, all of the spammers that have posted in this thread have also shown to have completed the same actions, in the same order, in the same places, as shown in the screenshot below.

mch134how_20160420-00b.PNG

Also, feel free to delete this response after removing the spammer's post. I just replied to notify y'all, as the content of the reply has absolutely nothing to do with the purpose of the thread.

Thank you,

-Will

Level 13

It's hard to determine why this particular post would be more susceptible to spammers than others, but I will definitely look into the pattern you've pointed out. What I can say about why these boogers may have leaked through is "human error", since we have to manually check every post from a new user with less than 3 posts previously approved by a moderator. It appears that you have caught some we have not. I know it's not much consolation, and still rather disturbing to see spammers, but I really do appreciate you flagging them for us so we can take care of the user immediately. We will pay closer attention to the content we are approving!

mrs.alterego​ Looks like another one here...

Stats are similar/same to those previous spammers...

ansam54khan_20160426-00a.PNGansam54khan_20160426-00b.PNG

Happy hunting!

-Will

0 Kudos
Level 13

Grrrrr!!! Dang those spammers!   Thanks for catching this!!! I'll keep digging in!

Level 7

0 Kudos
Level 17

mrs.alterego​, this guy Josh64..smh. they're at it again.

0 Kudos

cahunt​ I wonder why they always show up in this thread...?

0 Kudos
Level 17

I guess at this point it is just easy pickin's, start where it worked the last time? Unless there is a bot behind it, you would think someone would use their brain and realize we're kinda watching this one.

0 Kudos
Level 7

0 Kudos
Level 17

mrs.alterego​, here we go again.

0 Kudos
Level 7

0 Kudos

mrs.alterego​ No worries, I'm not complaining... Just curious.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Hey Scottgille,

With the "SELECTED NODE PROPERTIES" module I am unable to sort or format the window to my liking. This is what I was able to do with the "Custom HTML Resource".

pastedImage_0.png

Level 17

I like that - there are many modules/display or items that I would love to have a 'sort' ability to.

Nice work mgiffin

Level 9

Here is the updated HTML (without my custom properties) to match what I posted above.

<table border="0" style="background-color:#FFFFCC;border-collapse:collapse;border:2px solid #FFCC33;color:#000000;width:450"  cellpadding="5" cellspacing="20"
<tr>
  <td width=120><b> Node Status </td>
  <td>${StatusLED}</td>
  <td>${StatusDescription}</td>
</tr>

<tr>
  <td><b>Application Name</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>Service</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>Machine Type</td>
  <td>${VendorIcon}</td>
  <td>${MachineType}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>Operating System</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${OS} &nbsp ${IOSVersion}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td>&nbsp</td>
  <td>&nbsp</td>
  <td>&nbsp</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>Severity</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>System State</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>Model</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${}}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>Asset Tag</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>Hard Drive FRU</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>Maintenance Vendor</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>Comments</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td>&nbsp</td>
  <td>&nbsp</td>
  <td>&nbsp</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>Department</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>Primary Contact</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>Secondary Contact</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td>&nbsp</td>
  <td>&nbsp</td>
  <td>&nbsp</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>Region</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>Country</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>City</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${}</td>
</tr>

<tr>
  <td>&nbsp</td>
  <td>&nbsp</td>
  <td>&nbsp</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>Polling IP Address</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${IP_Address}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>Dynamic IP</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${DynamicIP}</td>
</tr> 
<tr>
  <td><b>DNS</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${DNS}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>System Name</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${SysName}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>Description</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${Description}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>SysObjectID</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${SysObjectID}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>IOS Image</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${IOSImage}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>Tickets/Changes</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>Last Boot</td>
  <td></td>
  <td>${LastBoot}</td>
</tr>
</table>
<br>
<b>Location Details</b>
<table border="0" style="background-color:#FFFFCC;border-collapse:collapse;border:2px solid #FFCC33;color:#000000;width:450"  cellpadding="5" cellspacing="20"
<tr>
  <td width=140><b>Area</td>
  <td>&nbsp </td>
  <td>${}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>Floor</td>
  <td>&nbsp </td>
  <td>${}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>Cabinet</td>
  <td>&nbsp </td>
  <td>${}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td><b>Wing</td>
  <td>&nbsp </td>
  <td>${}</td>
</tr>
</table>

Level 17

scottgille‌,

I would start with adding a 'Custom Table' resource to the dashboard view (click on 'Customize Page' in any of the views). this gives you a lot of flexibility to add in attributes such as the one in your screenshot and polling data. You can choose how to group the data and aggregate the data.

Level 9

Hey Scott,

You might be able to do that with the Custom HTML resource.

I was able to make something similar using custom property variables. If you search thwack for Custom HTML resource you might find what you need.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Here is an example of HTML for what your asking:

<table border="1" style="background-color:#FFFFCC;border-collapse:collapse;border:1px solid #FFCC33;color:#000000;width:450" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="6">

<tr>

<td>Node Status</td>

<td>${StatusLED}${StatusDescription}</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>Polling IP Address</td>

<td>${IP_Address}</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>Dynamic IP</td>

<td>${Unknown Variable}</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>Machine Type</td>

<td>${VendorIcon}${MachineType}</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>DNS</td>

<td>${DNS}</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>System Name</td>

<td>${SysName}</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>Description</td>

<td>${Description}</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>Location</td>

<td>${Location}</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>Contact</td>

<td>${Contact}</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>SysObjectID</td>

<td>${SysObjectID}</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>Last Boot</td>

<td>${LastBoot}</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>Operating System</td>

<td>${IOSVersion}</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>IOS Image</td>

<td>${IOSImage}</td>

</tr>

</table>

You should be able to format it to make it match your above example. You can also use any of your custom property variables. The credit for this goes to someone else on Thwack.