I want to change authentication method used by the Orion NPM user to be windows instead of SQL authentication.
What is important, we want to use specific windows account which has been created in our Active Directory. What does not meet our needs is simple selecting windows authentication in Orion configuration wizard, because in that case Orion use current windows user. Instead of that we want to import the specific user from AD.
What we already have done:
Step 1: First of all we created new account useing procedure below:
1. Log in to the Orion Web Console using an administrative account with sufficient privileges to obtain the SID from AD for all groups added to Orion with a NULL SID.
2. Click Settings in the top right corner.
3. Click Manage Accounts.
4. On the Groups tab, check the group accounts added to Orion with a NULL SID, and then click Delete.
5. Click Add New Group Account.
6. Configure the new group account, as appropriate, on the Enter Account Info and Define Settings tabs.
Step 2: After that, we used procedure below to check if there is new account showing in Query Table. We find it there, and that is OK.
1. Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Advanced Features > Database Manager.
2. If your Orion database is not listed in the left pane, complete the following steps:
1. Click Add SQL Server.
2. Using the format Server/Instance, select or provide the SQL Server instance you are using as your Orion database.
3. Select the appropriate login method, providing credentials as required, and then click Connect to Database Server.
3. Click + to expand your Orion database in the left pane.
4. Right-click Accounts and then click Query Table.
5. Click Refresh.
Now, how to force Orion configuration wizard, to enter the new windows account created in Step 1?
SolarWinds solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base in the THWACK® online community. More than 150,000 members are here to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly contribute to our product development process. Learn more today by joining now.