This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How do i filter groups in NPM?

I have created the group with name "System NOC" and now i want to filter things from this group.

Please see the snap shot and let me advise regarding this issue.

I am trying to Edit group "groups with problem" and their i want to set filter groups and filter the things from this group.

Please let me know commands regarding filters.

Thanks

Groupswithproblem.pngfiltergroupissue.png

• Hi there,

I think what you're trying to achieve here is filter the content of the Group, correct?

If that is the case then you'll have to go to Admin > Manage Groups > Select Systems NOC and click Edit Properties > Click on the Add & Remove Objects button to add, remove or add a dynamic query to the group.

That is what need to be done to modify the contents of the group.

By clicking Edit on the Groups with problems resource you are given the option of filtering the Groups, not group members, that are displayed in that resource.

It would make much sense to ad a Filter such as Name Like '%Sysmtems NOC%' in there since there's only one group. It would be useful if you have several groups.

Have you checked the Administrator Guide?

http://www.solarwinds.com/documentation/en/flarehelp/orionplatform