This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How do I limit an account to how many nested maps it can view?

For instance, I want a very high level - for non technical audience type account which I already have everything stripped out of it and it can only view our main top level map.

There's anywhere from 6-8 nested maps that give a closer look of the lay of the land,(containing several nested maps again, but are the last stop before bottom) but I don't them to get past that and look at the ground level infrastructure layout.

Is there a way to do this?

• Anyone? Or is this even possible?

• Just saw your question and was kinda interested if I could try doing something like that (still a SolarWinds noobie myself emoticons_silly.png) but I got this far.

This would be what the map would look like if you put a few account limitations, however you can still see the switches listed below the map >.> but putting limitations on the account so they couldn't see more info on the ground level infrastructure might help a bit.

test purposes.PNG

The other theory I tried so far is deleting the hyperlink on the map so they couldn't click on it to see the lower maps, but that would be universal on that map >.> and that didn't work out very well... I know these probably don't help very much but, at least i'm trying to come up with some ideas emoticons_happy.png i'll see if i can figure something else out