cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

How do I import a vendor provided MIB into orion

I have a couple of MIB.txt files provided by my HSPA modem vendor that i would like to add into Orion so i can test monitoring some of our modems.  It looks like i need to submit them to Solarwinds and have them added for a future release, I am not sure where or how to submit them to Solarwinds.

Also while i am waiting for these MIBs to be added to the database i was wondering how i go about monitoring these devices.

I have attached the MIB files to this discussion.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: How do I import a vendor provided MIB into orion

In reading an similar discussion i see someone has provided an email to send the mibs to:  mibs@solarwinds.com so i have forwarded these to that address as well.  i am still interested in finding out how to monitor these devices while i wait for the database update.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Hi Brett, here is a link to the NPM admin guide: http://www.solarwinds.com/documentation/Orion/docs/OrionAdministratorGuide.pdf

In chapter 12 it tells you how to monitor monitor mibs with the universal device poller

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Use the UnDP

it's in the Start->All Progs->Solarwinds Orion->Net perf. Manager->UnDP

and yeah, it is also in the admin guide if you want instructions on how to do it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

This is a good post to reference too;

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Also if it's popular enough on Tell us your unknown devices thread: 

Then it will be added to NPM giant mib database so it's supported out of the box.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Also Brett it is important to note that while SolarWinds does release MIB database updates fairly often (weekly?) the Orion software does not automatically update the database file and (currently) has no function to allow for it to do so.  The file must be downloaded from your customer support portal and then placed in the correct spot, after which the Orion services must be restarted for the new file to become loaded and take effect.

EDIT: I just posted the script that I wrote to update the MIB file automatically to the content exchange, as I don't believe something similiar is on there (or my search skills are lacking, one of the two).  It can be found at:

0 Kudos