cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

How do I determine what DB server an Additional Polling Engine is using?

Jump to solution

Our DBA's recently added a new DNS pointer for our DB, let's call it new.  This is not a new DB, it's the same old DB and DB server just a new DNS pointer to it.  I ran the configuration wizard on the primary polling engine to change the Database Server name.  Worked great.  I now see the new Database Server name in "Database Details" on the web.  Did this also make the change on our APE (we only have one)?  Is any action necessary to make the APE use the new DB server name?  When I launch the DB Manager on the APE and click "default server" it still uses the old server name so I'm not sure what situation we're in on the APE.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Support corrected the issue.  Removed the Orion Improvement Program then the Configuration Wizard ran as expected with the "DB" option available.  Changing the server name in the wizard changes the server name in use by the APE.

To determine what DB server is in use by the APE, run database manager, click on "default server".  The default server name returned is the DB server in use by the APE.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Can you supply a screen shot of what you are talking about for those new to Orion?

0 Kudos

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

Lada,

Thank you.  That's really what I assumed I should do.  However when running the Configuration Wizard on the APE it is very different.  On the main poller you're given the option to select just the DB and proceed.  On the APE we don't have any options.  It simply says, "The wizard steps you through the configuration of the following recently installed Orion module(s)"....and the only one listed is the Orion Improvement Program.  Not sure what's going on with that.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Support corrected the issue.  Removed the Orion Improvement Program then the Configuration Wizard ran as expected with the "DB" option available.  Changing the server name in the wizard changes the server name in use by the APE.

To determine what DB server is in use by the APE, run database manager, click on "default server".  The default server name returned is the DB server in use by the APE.

View solution in original post

Level 13

Hello,

You should run configuration wizard same as on MAIN and point to right server.

Lada