This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How come all my VLANs are showing 1Gbps interface?

Hi,

May I know how NPM determine the VLAN interface limit via SNMP? My VLANs are connected through a physical 10 Gbps interface. Is there anyway to make it automatically detect 10 Gbps  VLAN inteface?

My device is a Cisco WS-C6509.

Thank you.

• What is the 'Interfacespeed' value which you are seeing the database in the interfaces table against this VLAN interface mentioned in the question.

• Your switch itself will shows 1gb for VLAN's.  It is basically the default.  So if you did a SHO INT for any vlan interface it will show 1gb.  I do not know for sure but its probably that way just to be uniform.  That interface is a software SVI and there would be several limitations to its speed.  For instance you may have a 1tb back plane but you might only be able to handle L3 at 100gb total for the chassis.   So the hitch probably would be that all SVI's probably share the same pool of resources so assigning a bandwidth to one interface is somewhat useless.