This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How Do I connect an NTA Interface screen to a NODE SUMMARY Page in NPM

I have a Node Summary Page with Left Navigation that is custom configured fro various Information needs. Most people have something like that.

What AI want to do is add a Tab to the Left Navigation that will show the NTA Interfaces for the particular Node that One happens to view.

I see two possibilities:

1. Put the NTA Interfaces on the (traditional) Interface Tab view or

2. Create a new Tab with the same information. <- even better

In either case, I would like to have the information that NTA gives when one clicks on a Resource NODE where it expands to show the interfaces for that node (still in the NTA Summary View right now).

Example:  Got to Netflow > NTA Summary > Select a Node to expand it for interfaces.  Take THAT expanded Interface list and put it into a New Tab in Node Summary's left navigation or on the Interfaces view as another column.

From there, a person would be able to see the information for just that node's interfaces and for the rest of the NTA functions.

I understand that NTA Summary Page presents that info, but, If one is already looking at a Node for other things, I would want them to be able to go directly to such a place instead having to leave the Node Summary (and left Navigation) and do the pull down routine. That becomes a waste of good time when tracking down issues.

Is there a way to copy the functions of what is presented as "Node Resources" for the node that is being worked with? Is there a symbolic that can be used to transfer the NodeID to that for just the one device? That way, any device that is being looked at can have the same information for ITS interfaces.  (One cannot put a Node ID in the page because THAT is the node ID that will be presented for all other devices. Therefore, one needs some sort of symbolic to get the Node ID just like other views that carry that over.)

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

Mark

• Add a custom query widget to your node details page and paste this into it, should do what you are asking

pastedImage_0.png

SELECT

Caption as [Interface] 

, Detailsurl as [_linkfor_Interface] 

,'/NetPerfMon/images/Interfaces/' + Icon as [_iconfor_Interface] 

, tostring(InPercentUtil) + '%' as [RX Util] 

,case when InPercentUtil>=i.InPercentUtilizationThreshold.Level2Value then '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Critical.gif' 

when InPercentUtil>=i.InPercentUtilizationThreshold.Level1Value then '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Warning.gif' 

else '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Up.gif' 

end as [_iconfor_RX Util] 

, tostring(OutPercentUtil) + '%' as [TX Util] 

,case when OutPercentUtil>=i.OutPercentUtilizationThreshold.Level2Value then '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Critical.gif' 

when OutPercentUtil>=i.OutPercentUtilizationThreshold.Level1Value then '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Warning.gif' 

else '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Up.gif' 

end as [_iconfor_TX Util]  

, 'Netflow Charts' as [Netflow]

, i.NetFlowSource.DetailsUrl as [_linkfor_Netflow]

, '/NetPerfMon/images/Conversations/default.png' as [_iconfor_Netflow]

FROM Orion.NPM.Interfaces i  

where i.nodeid = ${nodeid}

and i.NetFlowSource.DetailsUrl is not null

order by i.Name

• i am looking at my SWQL and get an error stating, "Entity Orion.Netflow.Source does not contain requested property DetailsUrl of navigation property i.NetFlowSource"

I do not see the property in Orion.NetFlow.Source called DetailsUrl.

I think that I am missing something here.

I am on NPM 12.3, just for the record.

Mark

• I wrote the query using 12.5, so it is possible that something changed between here and there.  You can manually create the link by doing something like

, '/Orion/TrafficAnalysis/NetflowInterfaceDetails.aspx?NetObject=NI:'+tostring(i.interfaceid) as [_linkfor_Netflow]

as a replacement for

, i.NetFlowSource.DetailsUrl as [_linkfor_Netflow]

also replace this line with something else

and i.NetFlowSource.DetailsUrl is not null

might work if you can do the below, just need to get any column on that table.

and i.NetFlowSource.interfaceid is not null