cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Hot stan-by does not collect data

Our Hot stand-by server is not collecting data when the primary poller fails. The engine starts but no data is collected. Does the hot stand- by need all the devices on it in order to collect data when the primary poller fails?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Level 17

When you look in the Monitor Engines lower pane - what is there?

Orion-> Advanced Features -> Monitor Polling Engines 

It should read Last fail over...  

0 Kudos

It lists the time and date of the last fail over

0 Kudos

What version is this?

0 Kudos

8.5.1 Service Pack 3

0 Kudos

so are the charts showing any data from the time the HSE has kicked on?

Verify that the HSE is also on 8.5.1 SP3. Assuming this is configured (good connection to the SQL DB) correctly and you are testing this - How many elements does the primary poller monitor? The greater the number the longer it can take to start (I'm talking 9,000+) . Watch what the task Mgr. reflects with Orion NPM when you test.

0 Kudos

No chart data fter the HSE has kicked in.  Does Network Per Mon need to be installed on SQL DB server in order for the HSE to poll? Curently it is not.

0 Kudos

No- they just both need to point to the same DB and also be the exact same version.

0 Kudos

Right now I am getting a permission denied error when I try to open system manager on the pollers via the Monitor Polling Engine Console.

"Be sure the server has rights to the client" is the message I get.  Thanks for your help

0 Kudos

That could be the issue. The HSE does not have the sufficient rights to access the DB. Try re-running the configuration wizard again to verify.

0 Kudos